F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Dec 2016 11:57:17 +0000
Eric,

OK if I forward this to the Office 365 list at UCalDavis?

We have seen it here, though not consistently.

--Joe Kelley, UGA

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>

Sent: Monday, December 5, 2016 10:11 PM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Help needed to troubleshoot Exchange 365 fraud detection error

We at L-Soft have been trying to investigate the Exchange 365 red safety tip fraud detection issue, to see if there may be any software changes we could make to solve or at least circumvent the problem, but so far we have been unable to replicate the warning, perhaps because we have less than 300 employees and use the Office 365 Business Premium plan. I am not sure this plan includes the “feature” generating the warning. Or maybe it does, but the DMARC record that Microsoft heuristically thinks we would have deployed if only we knew of the great spiritual benefits of DMARC happens to be prosperous and fortuitous, fortune-cookie style.

To clarify, we use exclusively on-premise Exchange at L-Soft, since 2008 or so. We later signed up for Office 365 to license the Office desktop applications, and our plan does include Exchange 365 accounts, but we do not use them for anything. I was initially tempted to switch to Exchange 365 since we are already paying for it, but the steady stream of support tickets made me change my mind very quickly ☺ We use these Exchange 365 accounts for troubleshooting only.

What we would like to do is work with customers who are experiencing the problem and would be willing to create a test mailbox for us on a domain that is known to suffer from the problem. We would initially conduct tests with our own xxx.lsoft.com domains only, to find out what it takes to bring up the warning. Once we replicate the problem, we can look into what it takes to solve it.

If you are able to help, please contact me or Joshua DesPortes, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, who is the lead engineer in this project.

Thanks!

  Eric