"A. Harry Williams" <HARRY@MARIST>
Fri, 03 Oct 86 12:09:28 EDT
As most of you know, there is a mod available to not send the message
as a file passes through each link as it travels across the network.
There has also been a lot of discussion about using of the MSG and
CPQ commands in RSCS.  I did a quick look at the usage of link lookups
in my system yesterday, and the most common usage was for sending messages
for MAILER.  A little more in depth look revealed that they were mail
sent by the LISTSERV.  Given the volume of some lists, and this concern
about message volume traffic, I think it would be wise for us(maybe just
Eric) to work with Allen Crosswell to find a way of reducing this for
the next release of MAILER.  I understand Allen has been able to work
on MAILER in sometime, but it would be worth getting some ideas going.

  Harry