Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:55:14 -0500
On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:05:20 MST, "VonGrebe, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>  said:
> Does anyone know of any compatibility issues between listserv v1.8d and
> Sendmail 8.12.8? I need to upgrade to this latest version of sendmail,
> and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me of any compatibility issues.

If you're already running Sendmail 8.12, you should be ready to rock-and-roll.

The Sendmail patch to support Listserv active probes hasn't changed since
Sendmail 8.12.2 or so.

If you're using older releases of Sendmail, you also shouldn't be seeing
any issues.  If you're on an 8.11.N, upgrade to 8.11.6+patch and you should
be fine.

> Also, I'm saving the Sendmail.cf and sendmail.cw files from the previous
> installation, is there anything I need to preserve to keep from messing
> up my existing Listserv configuration?

Make sure you don't scrozzle whatever /etc/aliases files you use....

Also, don't forget to regenerate the .cf files from your .mc files (you *are*
using .mc files, right? ;)
/Valdis