Jeff Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 May 1991 23:48:04 EST
On Thu, 9 May 91 11:41:22 EDT <[log in to unmask]> said:
>Need your collective advice.  We are changing to CMS release 7 next week.
>However, LISTSERV does not yet officially run under this release.  We could
>keep LISTSERV under 5.6 for a while but don't want to keep the old system
>around for a very long time.  Have other sites run the server under release 7
>long enough to feel fairly comfortable with it?  Seems we have several
>choices here:
>
>1. Run under 5.6 for the summer and hope that "official" support is available
>   fairly soon.  We understand that Eric doesn't have access to this release
>   yet at his site.
>
>2. Run under CMS 7 and hope nothing wierd happens.  We don't have a lot of
>   staff time to watch for errors and shoot them down.  If we run under 7,
>   perhaps we should stop being a backbone site until more sites can check it
>   out also.

Can you get Eric access to LISTSERV at your site (tn3270?)  I would think
then he can test under system 7... Smile.

Jeff Linder                      Bitnet: V5057U at TEMPLEVM
Temple University                Internet: [log in to unmask]

Disclaimer: If I knew what I was talking about I wouldn't be in college.