Damon Green <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 08:56:10 +0100
I have split our list for HTML and text format at the subscription stage,
the text list gets the regular fashion mail, the HTML list I send to using
the mail merge option from the web interface, it gives us the opportunity
to select HTML format, which is easier than trying to make sure the list
managers get it right in their mail clients.

I've also used the DISTRIBUTE command, sending jobs to listserv, one thing
to look out for is that this method strips some characters out of
HTML, like the 2 characters following an = sign.

If you'd like a look at subscription & the weekly message you can sign up
here :
http://www.allabouteve.beeb.com/webclub/

In time I'm going to move all our lists to Oracle, integrated into our CRM
app,
with a column for subscription options, so I can send HTML to HTML
subscribers
etc. etc. That's when everyone else here catches up ;-)

Damon.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV give-and-take forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Adam Bailey
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 10:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Can I send a newsletter in HTML format

On 8/10/00 4:28 PM, Charles Mandeville <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>Can I send a news letter in HTML format? If so, what are the steps I need
>to follow? Is this outlined in any of the manuals.

The LISTSERV will pass along whatever you give it. If you send an email
in HTML, it will be distributed in HTML (provided you haven't set up
filters to block HTML).

Of course, it is wise to make sure your subscribers can handle an HTML
message before subjecting them to it.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
[log in to unmask] | Finger/Web for PGP