Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:29:20 -0500
On 3 Feb 2006 at 11:46, Erixon-Stanford, Mignon wrote:

> Does anybody know what the "fraction of cent cost" will be?

> On 179 lists, we have 4425 users at Aol and 3,282 on Yahoo.
> (7707 yahoo/aol users) X (365 days) = 2,813,055 X ("a fraction of a cent per
> message sent")

I think I saw an article where the Goodmail CEO was quoted as saying
$2.50 per 1000 messages, but that could go up or down "depending on
the value". (I'll see if I can re-find the link). So with 2.8M
emails, that would add up to about $7K.

However, you're counting incorrectly. You need to count ALL your
subscribers, not just AOL and Yahoo. My understaning (please, correct
me if I'm wrong) is that you would license the Goodmail
product/service and use it on your outgoing mail servers. So unless
you're planning on running one mail server with Goodmail for AOL &
Yahoo and another one without for the rest of your subscribers (which
may be a cheaper solution, actually), then you need to count them
all.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html