"Roger Wicke, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 20:51:37 -0600
Currently there is no Internet discussion group dedicated to Chinese (TCM)
herbology, and I would be interested in starting one. Are there any
LISTSERV managers who would be willing to sponsor such a group? See
proposed details below.
I do not normally follow this discussion group, and would appreciate any
replies to my private email:   Roger Wicke <[log in to unmask]>

Proposed discussion group in Chinese herbology:

        Closed membership, limited to experienced professionals and to
students who have completed
professional training program in Chinese herbology.
        Not moderated.
        Membership initially estimated to be less than 100 subscribers.
        Postings available in digest form if requested by user.
        Archives available, searchable by text keywords.

        Topics and purpose:
        Topics of discussion shall include clinical case studies, herbal
research, ethnobotany, nutrition, environmental health issues, current
politics and legislation affecting herbalists, announcement of continuing
education, herbology textbook reviews, and any other matters relevant to
human health. The Chinese system of health philosophy provides unique
insights into matters of health, and participants will be encouraged to
explore health sciences in the context of TCM philosophy and methods.
        Due to the specialized nature of Chinese herbology and its unique
terminology, many of my colleagues have felt the need to form a discussion
group limited to Chinese herbology. Though there are many Internet
discussion groups devoted to alternative health and herbal medicine, we
would like to have a forum in which we can go beyond the introductory-level
explanations that are constantly necessary when conversing with people
unfamiliar with this field.

Roger W. Wicke, Ph.D.;   Rocky Mountain Herbal Institute
PO Box 579;  Hot Springs, Montana 59845 USA;  406-741-3811
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Clinical herbal training programs:  http://www.rmhiherbal.org/