By Remote Control <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Aug 90 12:10:00 EST
   **List Looking for a Host**   ACED-I is wanting to start a LISTSERV
   list for its own use.  The Association of Conference and Events
   Directors--International (ACED-I) currently consists of over five
   hundred (500) members, most of whom work for colleges and
   universities.   Members plan educational workshops and conferences,
   and seek to maximize use of university facilities, especially in
   the summer.    Residence halls, classroom buildings and athletic
   facilities which otherwise would be vacant are filled, often times
   to capacity, by ACED-I members who recruit and serve various
   educational conference groups.   Many of the workshops involve high
   school students, and thus student recruitment is yet another fringe
   benefit of ACED-I member activities.

   A few ACED-I members are on CompuServe which has been used sparsely
   but effectively by the few members connected to it.  Since most
   ACED-I members are connected to mainframe computers for on-campus
   electronic mail, the Association anticipates greater acceptance
   and increased use of a mailing system which is tied in with
   computers with which they are already familiar.

   ACED-I anticipates that perhaps up to 200 members would take part
   in such a system, with a message load of 50-60 per month initially.

   Please contact [log in to unmask] if you have interest in
   working with ACED-I in this project.    I am located at Ball State
   University in Muncie, Indiana.   I am Director of Conferences and
   Special Events here, and also currently serve as President of
   ACED-I.    My direct telephone number is (317) 285-1397.