Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 May 2000 10:51:30 -0400
On 8 May 00, at 22:35, Naveen C wrote:

>         1> I am getting the following error whenever i try to send mail
>         using web archive.
>
>                 08 May 2000 17:32:01 -> XMRG
>                 FROM:<[log in to unmask]> VERSION=1
>
>                 08 May 2000 17:32:01 507 Syntax error, command
>                 unrecognised.

This tells me you are trying to use mail-merge on a system that is
not configured for mail-merge. In order to use mail-merge you
MUST have LSMTP 1.1b with mail-merge enabled as your only
smtp_forward* host. This is documented in the Developer's manual:

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/devindex.html

>         2> How can i send an HTML content to the subject of the email list
>         and body?

You have to code the HTML yourself.

>         3> Wheather the LISTSERV can be configured for the INTRANET or LAN
>         or INTER OFFICE COMMUNICATION?
>
>                 If Yes how configure the LISTSERV?

LISTSERV uses Internet email addresses and protocols. It doesn't
care if all the email addresses you are sending to are actually on
an intranet. You do have to provide fully qualified addresses, but if
your addresses are all of the form user@machinename, then you
can use the QUALIFY_DOMAIN site configuration parameter to
turn them into [log in to unmask] (otherwise
LISTSERV must assume that non-FQDN addresses are bitnet
addresses).

>         4> How to change the REPLY address when the user receives mail
>         from LISTSERV and clicks on the REPLY button?

On postings to a list you may change the Reply-to: header by
setting Reply-to= in your list header. You cannot change the From:
address as this would be in violation of Internet RFCs:

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/lsv-faq.stm#5.14

Francoise