Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:58:51 +0100
> * It assumes that the error is on my end. I don't know that. You
> don't know that. For the robot to decide that is annoying.

The user is right, the error could be on the LISTSERV end. I have seen that *maybe* a dozen times in 22 years. Less than a chance in a million. This isn't the "robot's" assumption though, in fact the robot made no attempts at diagnosing the source of the problem. It is a human being who assumed that the message was rejected because the recipient's system actually rejected it, not because the sender's system incorrectly thought it was rejected when in fact it was accepted and everything is at it should be. That human being then typed the offensive assumption into a boilerplate that the "robot" delivered. Don't shoot the messenger ;-)

  Eric