Val Christensen <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:30:21 -0500
We have received a request from a subscriber to one of our LISTSERV lists that I think has merit.  However, I am unable to find a way to incorporate the request.

A little background: The subscriber routinely receives subscription probes that they do not need to reply to and have gotten into the habit of deleting these probes.  They especially pile up if the subscriber goes on vacation for a while because the subscriber is subscribed to many LISTSERV lists that send out these probes.  That makes it even more likely that the subscriber would delete e-mail from LISTSERV without taking much notice of the e-mail itself.  The subscriber received several notices that their subscription to one of the lists was about to expire and that they needed to respond to maintain their subscription.  Unfortunately, these notices came while they were on vacation and the subscriber deleted these without thought when returning from vacation thinking they were more probes.

The request: The subscriber wonders if it's possible for LISTSERV to flag notices of upcoming subscription expirations as 'urgent' (I assume using the X-Priority: 1, Priority: Urgent, and/or Importance: high e-mail headers).  I played around with the MAILTPL file but was unable to get it to affect the headers.  I also looked for an exit point for this but was unable to find one.

Does anyone out there have a suggestion as to how to flag LISTSERV notices of upcoming subscription expirations as 'urgent' so subscribers will take note?

Thanks in advance,

R. Val Christensen    mailto:[log in to unmask]
SAS Institute, Inc.                   (919) 531-5962 | 677-8000 x15962
SAS Campus Drive                  (Sys Prog)   http://www.sas.com
Cary,  NC  27513                  SAS ... The Power to Know