Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Fri, 29 Aug 1986 18:36 SET
  Harry has had a  problem running GENROUTS for LSVGNODE and  I think the solu-
tion is of common  interest. When you have ran GENROUTS,  entered the fileid of
the BITEARN NODES file and waited for a couple minutes, you must reply "1", not
"3". Actually what you generate is a routing table for your node, which LSVGNO-
DE will then use (actually it only  uses the comments in the ROUTE statements).
Option 3  generates an  information file  with name and  address of  all nodes.

  I have  implemented a  better inter-server command  sending facility  which I
will need in further releases (better control  over what you do, and ability to
send several commands in  a single jobfile). I will start using  it on my LIST-
SERV, and those among you who have a peer list linked to FRECP11 might get some
garbage files transferred  to you -- odd-looking files which  might lead to the
erroneous conclusion that some kind of evil Wizard (or Witch ;-) ) has tried to
mislead me into the dark alleys of J*S3. They will not be caused by my commands
but from other users who send a REV/STAT  command to my server and have it for-
warded.

  I will need someone to beta-test V1.4  before I release it to the world (pro-
bably on sunday). Will  any of you be up and un-busy tomorrow  or sunday, in an
area of the net  where the links are up during weekends? ;-)  If so, please let
me know.

  Eric