Christopher D Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 09:45:20 -0400
Dear listserver admins:

I am seeking a listserver to sponsor a not-for-profit mailing list. The
subject of this list is the East Broad Top Railroad, a very historic
and endangered rail line deep in the mountinas of Pennsylvania. It
is the last origianl narrow gauge line left in america east of the Rocky
Mountains, and is entirely complete including 7 steam locomotives and
belt driven shops eclipsing those at the Smithsonian. Details about
the line can be found at http://www.spikesys.com/ebt.html .

About 25-50 persons active in the efforts to restore the railroad
are currently on the net are exchanging mail on the topic using
a variety of lists of e-mail addresses. A listserver would allow these
users to more easily communicate information about the railroad and
allow announcemnts about the ongoing preservation effort to be sent
to all interested parties.

If any admin can offer assistance with this effort it would be
greatly appreciated. I am willing to pay a small fee if necessary.
Thank you for your kind attention.
--
Chris Coleman