"Uly V. Condevillamar" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 23:09:28 -0700
I have question here regarding the discrepancy of some sort in mailing list.

I am a subscriber of a certain mailing list     serviced            by
listserv@ american.edu.  When I send a command *REVIEW [log in to unmask]*
the listserver ([log in to unmask])sends back acknowlegdment.. a list of
300+ subscribers on the list and some statistical data in it.

However, when I post to the list [log in to unmask], the listserver would
send (after some few minutes) me back an acknowledgment like this:
   Your message xxxxxx has been successfully distributed to 175 or so
   recipients.  The number 175 is not fixed, but it is always less than
the supposedly 300+ subscribers.  Is it possible that the listowners
has *inflated the total number of subscribers* to make it appear that
his *list* is really 'huge' and got lot of subscribers?

Thank you..
Ulysses