Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:03:47 -0500
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:38:51 EST, UB Listserv Administrator <[log in to unmask]>  said:
> I always look in the spool directory for files that end in .jobh

This unfortunately doesn't help for proactive checking - it won't detect a
HELD list until something actually gets queued for it.

You could probably create a little Perl thingy to grovel through the PERMVARS
file, using this as a base:

% cd ~listserv/home
% strings permvars.file | grep -i lswhld 2> /dev/null | tail -1

Totally undocumented reverse engineering of course, I might be totally wrong. ;)In p
In particular, I'm assuming the last entry is the most recent, lose the 'tail -1'
if that doesn't seem to work...

/Valdis