Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:00:15 -0700
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:59:28 -0800, Nate Eckstine <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>The end text users want text mail but with www links that work.  Is there a prefered method to make this kind of send?

The problem is not in the sending.  It is a function of the recipients email
program whether or not URLs in plain-text emails are clickable.

>We are assuming that in the HTML send the lsoft listserv makes a text interpretation of the HTML mail and removes all active linkage for text viewers

LISTSERV does no such thing.  LISTSERV simply passes through the HTML part and
the plain-text part as created by the original sending program.  If there are
any defects in the technical format of the multipart/alternative email they
are the fault of the original sending program, not LISTSERV.