Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:49:50 -0700
On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:16:48 -0000, Giles Hogben <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>1. How do you delete a list - can't find it in the manual anywhere . . .

This is a FAQ: http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/lsv-faq.stm#5.24
as well as  sect 7.11 of the Site Manager Manual.

>2. I've been playing with creating lists by email which are on a DBMS back
>end. The log keeps saying it's created a column (which it needs to do in the
>subscriber table) - but the column doesn't appear even after the first
>subscriber appears to be in there:

Does the 'listserv' user (whatever identity it is running under in the DBMS)
have the 'create table' permissions as recommended?  If not, then the 'listserv'
user probably doesn't have the privs necessary to create the column.  You may
need to turn on logging on the DBMS side to see what it is doing.  This may also
be DBMS dependent.