Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 9 May 1987 21:12 SET
  I now have a choice:

- Ship 1.5j  now (ie wednesday) so  that everybody gets the  working Mail-Via=
  DISTRIBUTE, the  full RFC822  support (which causes  some problems  with the
  Crosswell MAILER in cases where the address is not supported by RFC733), the
  filelist  PUT,  the infamous  UN*X  mixed  case  userid support  on  command
  mailfiles which  almost turned me crazy  (N.B.: UNIX is a  tradecrap of AT&T
  Bell   Laboratories)   and   the  list   management   commands   performance
  improvements.

- Postpone until the DIST2  stuff for the new backbone is ready.  As soon as I
  have started working  on that, LISTSERV will be "locked"  until this work is
  finished: I  do not want  to distribute  a version with  partial, unfinished
  support for the new backbone.

So, does anybody out  there badly need 1.5j, or do you prefer  to wait for the
(first stage of the) backbone support? It's  really up to you as 1.5i seems to
be quite solid  (except without FIX15I of  course). It does make  sense to get
1.5j for the new features, and it also  makes sense to stay on a safe level as
long as possible.

  Eric