Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:24:53 EDT
Actually I think I see the cause of the conflicting messages you received
from us.  I wasn't the one who started out on your ticket, but I am the
person who reviews registration requests.  It looks to me like when you
sent in your registration, you sent it in for the LEO.SCSL.STATE.SC.US
box--which is running VMS--instead of for the NT box that is running
LISTSERV.  When I telnet to port 25 of LEO.SCSL.STATE.SC.US, MultiNet
answers.  This is what caused the problem for <me>, and what prompted
the message you quoted to LSTSRV-L.  If you will contact me (privately
if you wish) and tell me the name of the NT box, I will see what I can
do to help.

Nathan