"Charlotte I. Calvert" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:34:55 -0500
Error during command authentication
Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=61). The
server is probably not started.

We are running Listserv 1.8e on a unix true 64 server.  This message comes
up for several of us and we refresh and retry a couple of times and it
takes.  However, one of our listserv owners running an XP machine and
Internet Explorer 6 can not get into the listserv list management no matter
how many times he tries.

He can go to someone else's machine and get on.  The rest of us can not get
on from his machine either.  I've checked his IE advanced settings, nothing
different.  He can't get there with Netscape either.  We checked DNS,
rebooted the machine, stopped and restarted the listserv and nothing seems
unusual.  Does anyone have any ideas?