LSTSRV-L

Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 18:31:00 -0400
text/plain (466 bytes) , LIST TOPICS.txt (1301 bytes)
|Either via a List Keyword (preferrable) or by using an exit routine?

With EXITS, all things are possible; but basically native mode does NOT
filter on arbitrary Subject:s.  There are some RESERVED subjects that
LISTSERV(R) won't distribute due to their being highly indicative of an
automated response back to the list.

Another special case is the TOPICS feature.  See my attachment.
|If not, is it being considered for the next version of Listserv?

Pete Weiss at Penn State

It takes 3 things to accomplish your task via Revised LISTSERV techology: 1) list-owner has setup the list's TOPICS feature in the    definition (see example below) 2) you, the subscriber, have done a LISTSERV    SET listname TOPICS: -FWD    which only is effective for mail distributions, and not    for DIGEST/INDEX mailings 3) the sender uses a valid Subject: in their posting    SUBJECT: FWD: xxxxxxx Here is an example syntax using HEPROC-L topics= * Topics= HEJ,Con1,Con2,Con3,Con4,Con5,Con6,Con7,Con8,Con9 Notice that there is nothing magical about FWD and is not a valid explicit topic for this list (thus it would be treated as the reserved OTHER: topic). You might find other useful discussion on the TOPICS= keyword by sending the following to [log in to unmask] /* --------------------- clip and save ---------------- */ //ListSrch JOB Echo=no Database Search DD=Rules OUTLIM=2000 f=mail //Rules DD * S topics= in lstown-l where sender contains (eric or gerland or pmw1) index #.5 date.8 sender.17 subject.46 print /* // EOJ /* --------------------- clip and save ---------------- */ -- co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L [log in to unmask] "My lists are w/o PEERS ;-)" s/me +1 814 863 1843 31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA

ATOM RSS1 RSS2