Pete Resnick <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 8 Jan 1995 23:47:54 -0600
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Eric Thomas
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>LISTSERV doesn't save individual digests,  instead it saves mail messages
>in archive  files, based on the  frequency chosen by the  list owner. So,
>you can't ask LISTSERV  to send you the old digest. You  can order a copy
>of one of the  archive files, or use the database  functions to extract a
>list of messages in the desired time range. Unfortunately, you can't tell
>LISTSERV to format the resulting info as a digest.

I'm not sure if I made my point clearly, though the answer may still be
the same: I do not want LISTSERV to do any formatting of the digest
per-se. What I want it to do is send me the archive file of the digest,
except using the headers from the digest instead of generating its own
headers. Currently, I get a message that starts (for example) like this:

>Date:         Sun, 8 Jan 1995 23:43:59 -0600
>From: "L-Soft list server at Rice University (1.8a)"
>Subject:      File: "MAC-ARCH F0047253"
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>Date: Wed,  7 Dec 94 19:08:11 PST
>From: The Info-Mac Moderators <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Info-Mac Digest V12 #158
>To: info-mac-list
>
>--Info-Mac-Digest

[Followed by the body of the message of course...]

What I want instead is for it to simply start with:

>Date: Wed,  7 Dec 94 19:08:11 PST
>From: The Info-Mac Moderators <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Info-Mac Digest V12 #158
>To: info-mac-list
>
>--Info-Mac-Digest

In other words, I want it to resend the message, not send me a file
containing the message. Possible?

pr
--
Pete Resnick - [log in to unmask]
Doctoral Student - Philosophy Department, UIUC