Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:54:54 -0400
Hi Chris

>Recently, I asked a question as to how to stop the spamming alert messages
>coming to the postmaster (100-200 per day) on our corporate listserv
>system.
>
>I got this reply :-
>
>The List  Owner has  altered your subscription  options for  the LSTSRV-L
>list as  per the  "SET LSTSRV-L NOREVIEW"  command. For  more information
>about   subscription    options,   send    the   "QUERY    LSTSRV-L"   to
>
>The messages are not coming from LSTSRV-L !!

This wasn't a reply to your post, it was a notification saying that you've
been taken off REVIEW for the LSTSRV-L list.  It means that you can now
post freely without moderation.

>They are coming from [log in to unmask] (which is our listserv
>server)
>
>I cannot find any commands or settings for go.user that will stop the
>messages being sent to the postmaster. We do not need these messages, as
>the system is completely private, and internal only.

You mentioned in a previous e-mail that you've changed go.user to
RUNMODE=Standalone.  Did you also Export this value?  Further, did you
restart the service after making the change?

If you don't Export the value or restart, LISTSERV won't pick up the new
value.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.