Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 27 Jun 1987 15:50 SET
Peter,

  Please read  the RFC822  standard description  before starting  to criticize
what I have done  and stating that "RFC822 states that  addresses must be case
insensitive". This statement is --> WRONG  <--. The DOMAIN part, ie everything
after the '@' sign  must be case insensitive, ok. But  the "local-part" of the
address, ie  what is BEFORE the  '@' sign, IS  case sensitive. See page  14 of
RFC822 STANDARD.

  I fully agree with  the fact that UNIX is shit and  is responsible about its
stupidity and should manage to get the mail through. I just made the change to
LISTSERV because of too many complaints from UNIX people.

  Jeff:  your problem  is funny.  I  don't recall  using the  LOAD command  in
LISTSERV, so how the heck can you get a LOADER TABLE OVERFLOW? You might solve
it with a SET LDRTBLS  5 in the PROFILE EXEC but the point  is I see no reason
why you should need that... Oh well.. :-)

  Eric