Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 21:31:26 CST
On Tue, 24 Jan 1995 20:10:43 +0100, Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> said:
>                                  Let's just say that I am fully aware of
>the problems and that I am not sitting here waiting for a miracle to take
>place. These  delays have been  mostly tolerable thus  far but it  is now
>becoming apparent  that we must find  a solution that can  be implemented
>say  within the  next 3  months, as  opposed to  just letting  the slower
>migration to TCP/IP take care of it.

Could the migration to TCP/IP take care of it?  I guess I haven't
given it much thought, but it seemed to me the biggest hurdle was that
topological information wasn't (readily) available in the IP world.
How will the DIST protocol fit into this "brave new world" of ours?
(I'm not looking for commitments...  Just a hint about where things
might be headed...)

Bill