"Jelinek, David G." <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 14:58:48 -0500
On 5 Nov 2003, at 10:41, Paul Russell wrote:

>Several entities within the University maintain lists to which subscription is,
>in essence, mandatory. I have been explicitly asked whether it is technically
>possible to prevent subscribers from leaving these lists. Has anyone implemented
>a list exit to either prevent signoff or require owner approval for signoff?

I have had an exit to prevent subscribers from removing themselves from a list in
production for about 5 years. The original version was on IBM VM and was written in
REXX. The current version is written in perl.

David Jelinek

-----BEGIN PERL GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 0.01
P++$c--P6-R+M+O+MA!E PU BD C D+S X WP