Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 07:06:13 +0100
> We only use the web interface locally... and I have it working with a
> locally generated certificate -- but I would rather not have to buy
> one for the site it is on (which is under a fake TLD).

If you only use the site within your organization, you can and probably ought to set things up so that your locally generated certificates are trusted within your organization. On Windows, you can do this through a group policy, it's a one-time job and from there on you can create as many locally trusted certificates as you need. SSL just doesn't give you much value if the users get a certificate error every time. If you disable SSL on the web server, LISTSERV won't redirect.

Alternatively, basic SSL certificates are available for as little as $27/year, although that is probably not an option for a fake TLD.

  Eric