"Butler, Michael J." <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Jul 1994 17:20:09 GMT
I've recently been thrust into the world of listserv with practically no
knowledge about it.  I've read as much as I can find, but when I requested
a LISTOwner ref card from my listserv, I got a canned message telling me the
document has not been completed and "probably will never be".

I'd like to be able to put in a welcome letter to new subscribers in
addition to the standard Listserv command summary they get.  I have no
idea how to do so.  Also, is there a way for a listowner to personally
delete someone from a list?  I have someone who requested his name be removed
and, even though I emailed him instructions about how to get off the list,
he is still there after five days.  His reason for leaving was that his
account was being terminated.  I imagine he's still there since I haven't
had any mail bounced back to me, but it made me think about
what I would have to do if someone did leave their account while subscribed
to the list.

Anyway, if someone could help me out with info or point me in the direction
of info that addresses my problems, I would really appreciate it.

Newbie MJ