Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Wed, 22 Nov 89 18:45:29 GMT
>1. LSV  has MAILER 193 (which  contains XMAILER NAMES and  DOMAIN NAMES)
>linked by  virtue of a  command in its CP  directory. Does it  access it
>only when required, or is it  accessed continuously (in which case, with
>what mode)?

It  is never  accessed.  That is,  LISTSERV itself  won't  access it;  it
doesn't even  know that it has  a link to  MAILER 193 as 193  with DOMAIN
NAMES on it. It's accessed by PROFILE EXEC, if at all.

>If I update  XMAILER/DOMAIN NAMES on MAILER  193, how do I  let LSV know
>this?

TELL LISTSERV CMS ACCESS 193 whatever

>3. If I  log on to LSV  (assuming it to be  initially disconnected), how
>can I  enter console commands?  Anything I  type comes back  "NOT ACCEP-
>TED" in the lower right corner. (Typing "#CP BEGIN" first doesn't help.)

Change its directory  IPL statement from IPL CMS PARM  AUTOCR to IPL CMS.
Alternatively, press ENTER  without entering anything the  first time you
logon into it;  this will send an  attention to CMS, which  will read the
stacked blank line, and then you can enter data.

  Eric