Andy Teppin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 12:21:33 -0800
Hello,

I have just joined the list & probably have a rather simply question...

I am running the evaluation copy of Listserv for Windows NT & have had no
success in creating a mailing list.

I have followed the steps in the installation guide for creating a list...

example shown is:

PUT SAMPLE.LIST PW=CCCCCCC
Title of sample LISTSERV list

Review= Public                  Subscription= Open              Send= Public
Notify= Yes                       Reply-to= List,Respect          Files= No
Stats= Normal, Private
Validate= No
Notebook= Yes,c:\lists\public,monthly,public

owner= [log in to unmask]

pw= xxxxxxxx

So I changed 'SAMPLE.LIST' to different name, added a title, owner &
password.  I did not use the 'notebook' option.

I then sent the message to the machine I have setup with listserv & this is
the response I got back is:

>This server does not have any file by the name "mailing.list".

I have also set myself up as a Postmaster in the listserv configuration.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy Teppin

Support Analyst, ISB
Ministry of Government Services

Opinions expressed here are my own & do not reflect those opinions of my
employers.