Tue, 2 Jul 1991 13:51:31 EDT
We are trying to distribute a file to a few local users each time it changes.
The LISTSERV AFD command seems to be well suited for our problem. However, we
are still unsuccessful in getting any AFDs to work. Maybe there's some help
for us.

Here's what we've done so far:

1. Created a list and entered the object file in the filelist. Normal PUTs
   and GETs work fine. (There are NO flags entered in the filelist entry.
   The filetype is not FILELIST.)

2. A user issued the LISTSERV commands:
       - PW ADD xxxxxxxx
       - AFD ADD fn ft listname PW=xxxxxxxx

3. To check, the command, AFD LIST, produces a report indicating successful
   AFD registration.

4. The object file is deliberately changed using LSVPUT and the list
   REFRESHed.

5. The user does not receive the changed file. The console log does
   contain references to DELAYED AFD processing due to WAKEPARM entries,
   but there are no messages to indicate that an AFD distribution
   was attempted.

Thanks.

*
* Barry Krawchuk