Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Oct 90 13:29:29 EDT
On Thu, 4 Oct 90 10:21:41 PST <[log in to unmask]> said:
>Although I admit readily being new to this and any other network, I don't
>understand Mr. Kletnieks' problem with PROFS. (This is a PROFS note). With the
>addition of Profs Extended Mail (5798-FBJ) and defining your mailer as LOCAL
>with the PROFS exit, all things seem to work well. I however am aware of the
>situation with 'notes' sent to LISTSERVers, and I do not feel that it is a
>problem for users to access interactively, or use RICEMAIL or even basic NOTE
>functions for 'batch' LISTSERV access.
>Profs is 'king' here, again, maybe I just don't see the problem.
The problem?

(1) You had to add in ANOTHER PRODUCT (5798-FBJ) in order to get the function.

(2) Please post for the world the IBM manual number where PROFS file formats
are documented.  The Internet world is documented in the RFC's.  Most of
the rest of the IBM software is documented SOMEPLACE (even if until recently
NETDATA was only in a TSO manual).

Not to flame, but I'm sure there are places where punch cards are king too. ;)

                                     Valdis