Erik Sojka <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:49:41 -0500

<SNIP>

> Ben Parker of L-Soft had mentioned a particular configuration:
>
> >I suggest Send= Private, Confirm  and forget the 'Review' Setting.
> >You are right about the 'Approved' header line, but the
> ,Confirm setting
> >forces LISTSERV to get confirmation every time.  With this
> setting, permitted
> >users will confirm their own posts, they will not go to a
> 3rd party moderator.
> >This may not be what you want.
>

> in relationship to a question (and contex) about other by-pass of
> moderation issues.
>
> Actually, we had (and have)
>
> DEFAULT-OPTIONS= NOPOST
>
> with authorized posters SET either REVIEW (Ben recommended
> against that)
> or POST.
>
> /Pete

Thanks for the response and for helping me clarify this.

If I do DEFAULT-OPTIONS= NOPOST would I then have to do a daily reset all new
subscribers back to be able to POST?  (i.e. SET listname options FOR *@*)?
Or if I set DEFAULT-OPTIONS= NOPOST for current and new subscribers will this
give what I want (since all submissions must be approved by the moderator
anyway)?

I'm further confused by this entry in the 1.8e online help:
Default-Options=NOPOST in conjunction with Send=Editor causes mail from
non-subscribers to be forwarded to the appropriate Editor for approval rather
than simply rejecting it with a "you are not allowed to post" message.

I'm getting this now *without* DEFAULT-OPTIONS= NOPOST being set.