Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:11:07 -0600
On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:46:41 -0500, Christopher Ferraro
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am having a problem with one of my lists being held at random without the
>list owner issuing a hold command.  Has anyone run into this problem before
>?  If so, what is the solution to this issue ?

LISTSERV will put a list on HOLD when an error occurs that prevents it from
processing a messge sent to the list.  This can occur if the disk becomes full,
if LISTSERV cannot write to the directory where message logs are kept, and
several other situations.  An error message is generated and sent, sometimes to
the List Owner, but usually to the LISTSERV administrator.  It is also recorded
in the LISTSERV log file.