"Brenneman, Jake (MSNBCi)" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:42:49 -0700
Excellent, thanks.  I had found a Q article on this utility in the MS KB,
but it was referring to NT4.  I looked in the standard Win2K RK and it
wasn't there, but have just installed the "supplement" and it is there.
I'll report results....

Jake

-----Original Message-----
From: Castiglione, Andrew P -ND [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 10:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Processor affinity?

Doug & Jake et. all,

Permanently Setting the Processor Affinity for an Application Executable

On Windows NT and Windows 2000, you can permanently set the processor
affinity for an application executable by
using the imagecfg.exe tool.

This tool is located in the \support\debug\i386 folder on a Windows NT cdrom
or from the Windows 2000
Server Resource Kit Supplement.

Open a DOS prompt and enter in the following:

imagecfg -a 0xn c:\program files\sybase\Jaguar CTS\bin\jagsrv.exe

where 0xn is the affinity mask and maps to a cpu as follows:
CPU         Mask
0                0x1
1                0x2
2                0x4