Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:21:56 -0500
On 3/8/2010 2:24 PM, Tom Lorenz wrote:
> How do I configure LISTSERV 15.5 for use with Google Apps? It worked
> fine with our old email gateway, but since we switched to Google Apps
> nothing has gone out. Messages show up in the archives, but never make
> it out into the world. I changed the SMTP settings to SMTP.GMAIL.COM

The SMTP settings in your LISTSERV server configuration identify the server (or
servers) which LISTSERV uses to send email.  The issue you are attempting to
address is not a LISTSERV configuration issue, it is a mail routing issue.
LISTSERV should be submitting messages to an SMTP service, whether it is on the
same server or a different server, which is configured to determine the location
of the mailbox for any given local recipient address and route messages for that
recipient to that mailhost.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team