Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 May 90 23:20:44 O
I'm afraid I  don't understand the question exactly. If  you have a local
redistribution for local staff, you  probably don't want anybody (outside
from the local staff, which I assume  will know about it) to subscribe to
it, and it should therefore not be known to the rest of the world. A list
which isn't peered  doesn't provide the same service as  the master list,
and therefore  it is  absolutely reasonable  not to  forward subscription
requests for that  list to a redistribution list -  again, another reason
for not being globally known. I cannot think of any reason for wanting to
be globally known; did I miss something? :-)

  Eric