Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:29:01 EDT
Hello people:

Today,  I received  numerous complaints  from people  outside the  temple.edu
domain involving repeated  spoofed requests of the "lists"  and "list global"
commands. Is there a  way to restrict the number of such  requests to one per
day with all future requests being completely ignored that day?

I am asking this because I don't  want [log in to unmask] to be used as a
tool by  practical jokers  to harrass  other people.  If there  is no  way of
placing a limit on non-local "list"  and "list global" requests, then I would
want to turn  off that command entirely from external  requests. I don't have
time  to deal  with  the  complaints which  understandably  result from  this
harrassment. How  can I  do this?  What do  you do  to address  this problem?

  Stan  Horwitz  Internet: [log in to unmask]  Bitnet:  STAN@TEMPLEVM
  Temple University  -- Senior  Consultant (My  views are  all mine!)
  Manager of the Help-Net and Suggest lists and Listserv Postmaster.