Dave Hause <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 19:43:40 EST
The blind shall lead the dimly sighted.  I'm another brand new user who found
this list by searching a large (157K) index file of lists from a "backbone
server" which I believe was at ?.uab.edu (exact address in the office, I'm
home.)  This address came to me from [log in to unmask] in response
to a "LIST GLOBAL /listserv" command.

DAVID W. HAUSE          Office of the Armed Forces Medical Examiner
LTC, MC, USA            Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
Deputy Medical Examiner 14th St. and Alaska Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20306    ph. 202-782-2626, DSN 662-2626
email:  [log in to unmask] OR [log in to unmask]

Subject: Batch Searching?
Author:  LISTSERV give-and-take forum <[log in to unmask]> at INTERNET
Date:    7/24/96 19:03

Hello everyone, I just joined the list today! As novice(kind of) to
Listserve functions, I was wondering if I could get a list of listserves
that I can do "batch searching" on? I have done this on a few lists and I
like the results, but not all the servers have it set up that way! The
others have a "get info-l xxxx, so you get unknown messages instead of doing
a "keyword or phrase" search! Thank you for any help on this and I hope to
learn a lot from this group!
Dave Campano([log in to unmask])