Mon, 9 Sep 1996 18:46:22 -0400
I'd like to create a mailing list for runners in the Los Angeles area who are
in training with Coach Pat Connelly. Coach Connelly, a retired LAPD sergeant
(25 years service) and past Olympic alternate for 10,000 meters uses a highly
effective program for runners, especially first time marathoners, called
time-span. His group is called LA Roadrunners. Between 1992-1995 3,072 LA
Roadrunners entered the LA Marathon with a 97.6% finish rate (43% first
timers).

As a runner, this group means everything to me. The group develops a sense of
community and comaraderie. We meet on Saturday mornings in Venice, CA (MANY
hundreds of us) for a long run, but I would like to  communicate with other
Roadrunners during the week via email and for the coach to be able to send
announcements by email etc.

Other info on the coach:
Pat also coaches Students Run LA, and LAPD runners. He does all of this for
no money. Coach Connelly assisted the LA school district in developing the
DARE curriculum and is still active in that program. He has been honored by
the LA City Council, Mayor of LA and the LA County Board of Supervisors for
his dedication to the young people of LA.

The name of the mailing list would be something like LA-Roadrunners or
Coach-Pat-Connelly if either meets the requirements of LISTSERV.

Sincerely,
Linda England