"Cichowicz.Casey" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:16:30 -0500
Thanks for the responses.  Let me add to my report... When I look at the
F-Secure Properties > Updates, I see that the virus definition databases
are up-to-date. (2004-03-03).  I do in fact have BackWeb installed, and
it seems to be doing its job automatically.  I can't find anything that
seems out of date.  Any ideas where this message is coming from?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Shannon [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 7:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Anti-Virus database

>I'm getting a daily notice that my antivirus database hasn't been
>updated.  I'm using 1.8e.  Does anyone know where to get at this
>database to update it?

It depends on your operating system.  If youv'e got a Linux system then
you need to run the fsavupdate utility which is included with the
install kit.

If it's Windows then you have a variety of options:

1. Go to this FTP site and download the latest files to install manually
   <ftp://ftp.fsecure.com/anti-virus/updates/>
2. Open the F-Secure Antivirus Properties dialog, choose the 'Updates'
   tab and click 'Update Now'
3. Right-click the FSAV icon in the system tray a click 'Update Virus
   Definitions Databases'
4. Install the FSAV BackWeb utility for automatic unattended updates.
   Details can be found on the F-Secure web site here
   <http://www.europe.f-secure.com/download-purchase/updates.shtml>

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.