"Paul M. Karagianis" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 16:39:41 EST
The posting from Catherine Anne Foulson was dead on.  It's also the
first reference to Kaboom I've seen here, although it was reported to me
in more detail yesterday.  Its name is Kaboom v3.0 and it can be found
on AltaVista by searching 'kaboom!3.zip'.  I think it was done at
pancreas.com, see http://www.pancreas.com/sin/apps.htm and a1.htm.  I
just got a copy from //main.succeed.net/~bbuster/hacking/email and it
does indeed have the 3 lists at this site in the text section.  The
readme.1st says it uses 62 default servers and has a run-continuous
mode.  It says the author is [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

As low as my opinion of the people doing this stuff has been in the
past, the visit to //www.pancreas.com/sin was still an eye-opener...
these guys make Beavis and Butthead sound like Einstein and Von Braun.
The real problem here is that this thing has been circulated to a
small army of idiots who run it without thinking of the consequences
to the Listowners and site maintainers.  I can't handle the (few)
law-suit threats plus masses of polite requests for me to fish the
forging site name out of our typically 80,000 line smtp logs.

                                                 -Kary