Wed, 19 Feb 2014 16:06:37 -0500
How you edit and store the configuration (by email, or by web interface)
is not related to how the list behaves when messages are received.

It's not entirely clear exactly what question you are trying to ask, but
I think you're interested in subscribers being required (or not) to
confirm the messages they send to the list.

If that is the issue you're interested in, the SEND= keyword in the list
header would be the first place to look.  The online documentation in
the LISTSERV web administration interface is very helpful.

You'll need to show us the list header keywords (please remove or hide
any real email addresses listed) to get more specific advice.