"Michael L. Wyland" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 May 2000 10:58:08 -0500
Second request --

At 08:52 PM 5/16/00 -0600, you wrote:
>On Tue, 16 May 2000 14:49:52 -0500, Michael Wyland
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >Using the web-based interface, I can't get the system to recognize
> >&LISTNAME as a variable -- it's printing it as a literal in the messages.
> >Any ideas?
>
>This should not happen.  Can we see a full example of one of the shorter
>templates where this is used but doesn't work.

Ben:

Here's a full example (between the double lines):

a few moments to read this.

The most common reason cited by folks who leave the list is that there are
too many postings, at least, when added to the volume of other email
messages most folks contend with.  Many subscribers who feel that the
volume of &LISTNAME postings is simply too much have tried the "digest"
version, which delivers just one posting per day -- complete with a table
of contents for fast scanning.  Even though you've unsubscribed, we'd be
happy to put you on the digest version.  Simply reply to this message and
say something like, "digest."  We'll do the rest.

Perhaps you were only curious about &LISTNAME and might be interested in
another forum, covering other topics?  We host many more forums besides
&LISTNAME.  If you'd like to explore our growing family of email-based and
web-based discussion forums, visit http://CharityChannel.com/Forums and
view the descriptions.

Lastly, we are always trying to improve our offerings.  If you'd like to
provide any feedback that you feel may help us to serve the nonprofit
community better, we hope you will reply to this message and let us
know.  We will keep your comments confidential.

  Sincerely,

  Michael L. Wyland, Vice President

CharityChannel
818 South Hawthorne Avenue