Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Sep 90 00:19:37 O
> Any ideas on what's wrong?

That's interesting, I've been trying to  find out why, from time to time,
I get  mail with two  'Reply-To:' fields and  no 'Sender:' field.  It was
never quite clear to me whether this was a MAILER, CP or CMS problem, but
it seems that you got the same thing in LISTSERV:

> Output from LSVPUNCH starts on next line.
> 1/line 1   <<<- This duplication doesn't always occur.  Sometimes

--> That line should have been the ID line.

> 1/line 1   <<<- the first line is just blank.
> 1/line 2
> 1/line 3
> END/
> Output from LSVPUNCH ends on line above.

Most probable cause: the PUNCHC  macro returns control to the application
before getting the channel end from  the virtual punch, or before issuing
the SIO  (gasp)! The buffer is  re-used by the application  (for LSVPUNCH
this is definitely the case) and the "wrong" data gets picked up when the
I/O is processed. So I would suspect a CMS bug rather than a CP bug.

  Eric