Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 31 Jul 1993 00:01:45 +0200
On Fri,  30 Jul  1993 14:08:15  LCL Network  Manager <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>It looks like we're loosing the .do command.

That command is a dreadful security exposure, and requires REXX. No way I
could keep it.

>The MAILFORM for  the list uses .do  to have LISTSERV send  a command to
>itself  to enter  a FUI  ADD  for the  WELCOME  (FAQ) file  for the  new
>subscriber.

It looks  like you  need an exit  facility. You shouldn't  have to  use a
kludge like .DO for this. I'll have to think about it.

>Item for the suggestion box: A .width formating command. I've always had
>difficulty tracking  long lines while  reading and often wished  I could
>have the mailforms format to a narrower width.

But realistically, are you going to  maintain list template files for all
your lists with '.wi 73' added everywhere?

  Eric