Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 17:55:07 EST
> A year or so ago we did a survey of all LISTSERV installations to see
> how they were delivering their Internet mail (locally or INTERIBT).
> I contacted several of the ones that were using INTERBIT, but had the
> necessary software to do their own, and asked them if they'd be willing
> to do their own.  If they said yes I gave them the LSV$DNT EXEC.  We
> lost some of them when the exec changed from 1.7f to 1.8a but I made a
> general announcement to the TECHREP list about getting the new LSV$DNT
> EXEC.  It is probably worth going back to this issue and trying it again.
> Is there a LISTSERV command that will tell me how the server is delivering
> Internet mail?

It seems to me that there could be a much easier way to tell LISTSERV-NJE
what to do with messages that could be sent by BITNET or the Internet.
Rather than having to track down and install an unsupported exit that
doesn't offer all the reasonable options, how about some simple LISTSERV
parameters to handle the normal cases?  Exits ought to be reserved for
the unusual cases.  I would like to say what to do with Internet
addresses in my own domain, Internet addresses in other domains, and
whether to pay attention to the :interconnect value in DOMAIN NAMES.