"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 May 2002 12:59:41 -0400
Excellent, Harry!

You make the default subscription

   Topics= All-BigJunk

and simply have posters post with subject "BigJunk: Chapter 1 PDF file available
here" (pick your own topic name ... maybe BigJunk is a might harsh), and then
follow-up with a short post.  It's a two-step process for the poster, but infinitely
better than changing subscription options of all members (the original suggestion
also fails to deliver other contribution during the NOMAIL time).   Simple. Good.

(Although omitting from e-mail and LISTSERV altogether would be better, IMHO):
have instructors place the big "attachments" on their web server or ftp server.
Then you're really cookin'.     cheers, wayne