Karen Strauss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 01:20:54 -0400
At 03:25 PM 6/2/97 -0700, Kelley, Dave wrote:
>Well, after some real head scratching and some tinkering with VB to
>create some CGI stuff I have some web pages at my site that people can
>subscribe from.

This will also work with any form and form-to-email Perl script, cgi
program, or ISAPI dll.

I have a very simple form on my site for subscriptions

        http://www.rsdnet.org/RSDNet-L-info.html

All it does is collect name and email address from the user and that gets
parsed into a properly formated subscribe request on the back end, and the
result is passed by the subscriber on a Web page they get after hitting
subscribe, it is mailed to the listserv address and a copy is sent to one
of the monitoring email addresses we use.

The hard part about making the form work is getting people to type their
email addresses correctly, and they still have to confirm their
subscription requests, but since I put the form out, the rate of new
subscriptions has gone way up.

Karen