Turgut Kalfaoglu - nad <TURGUT@TREARN>
Fri, 4 Nov 88 17:57:43 LCL

The listserv's impact on the system is about 8% CPU power for us.
But then again, we also have the optional line monitor, and the
IAMUP, which gives a montly report on availability. Our LISTSERV
hosts some very active lists, especially one in Turkish, dedicated
to helping users with their problems/questions on VM, CMS, etc.

* LISTSERV requires a minimum of two disks. Our 'A' is 20 3375
  cylinders. The 'D' disk is a temporary storage medium, and
  I believe is set to 5 cylinders. Note that half of those 20
  cylinders are taken by our locally developed software. So you
  can go with a 10 cylinder disk..

* Maintenance? Well, minimal I would say. You can pretty much
  set the level of maintenance you require. If you set up
  many file lists, then you are asking for it :) - it can be
  time consuming to keep them looking pretty.

* Lists are easy to create, once you get the hang of it.

Overall, the listserv is the most useful service machine (after
RSCS, naturally) for us..

Please contact Eric for availability - there may be some
problems.   -turgut